Power to the People! Join your local council – make a difference. Local Elections 4 May 2023. Nomination process opens in March 2023. Contact us for further information.
Minutes and Agendas
Terms of reference for each committee can be found at the following links
You will find descriptions for all committees at the bottom of this page.
Development & General Purposes
The purpose of the Development & General Purposes Committee is to:
- debate issues concerning planning applications and to make comments to the Planning Authority on behalf of the Council.
- to consider and make recommendations to Council on highway matters.
- to consider all issues relating to street scene in Syston, including street ornaments, benches, bins, signs, air pollution and CCTV monitoring.
- to clean and maintain the Public toilets on Melton Road car park
The purpose of the Amenities committee is:
- To monitor, consider and recommend any improvements, variations or alterations to the functions and services provided by the Council in relation to:
each of the five parks in Syston: Archdale Park, Central Park, Deville Park, Memorial Park and Winfield Park, gardens and open play areas.
The Sports Pavilion at Memorial Park
Closed Churchyard of St Peter & St Paul’s Church
Cemetery, Chapel and the development of the new Millstone Lane Cemetery.
The Christmas Event
The Purpose of the Resources Committee:
- To provide a strategic role in the sharing of independent and impartial advice on issues relating to finance, personnel and the Community Centre.
- The Committee will maintain oversight of the income and expenditure against the current financial budget and consider recommendations from other committees.