Minutes and Agendas
Terms of reference for each committee can be found at the following links
You will find descriptions for all committees at the bottom of this page.
Development & General Purposes
The purpose of the Development & General Purposes Committee is to:
- debate issues concerning planning applications and to make comments to the Planning Authority on behalf of the Council.
- to consider and make recommendations to Council on highway matters.
- to consider all issues relating to street scene in Syston, including street ornaments, benches, bins, signs, air pollution and CCTV monitoring.
- to clean and maintain the Public toilets on Melton Road car park
The purpose of the Amenities committee is:
- To monitor, consider and recommend any improvements, variations or alterations to the functions and services provided by the Council in relation to:
each of the five parks in Syston: Archdale Park, Central Park, Deville Park, Memorial Park and Winfield Park, gardens and open play areas.
The Sports Pavilion at Memorial Park
Closed Churchyard of St Peter & St Paul’s Church
Cemetery, Chapel and the development of the new Millstone Lane Cemetery.
The Christmas Event
The Purpose of the Resources Committee:
- To provide a strategic role in the sharing of independent and impartial advice on issues relating to finance, personnel and the Community Centre.
- The Committee will maintain oversight of the income and expenditure against the current financial budget and consider recommendations from other committees.