Syston’s Christmas Fayre will be held on Friday 2nd December between 4pm and 8pm
At Syston Community Centre and Melton Road Car Park
Vacancy – Senior Estates Officer
• Required as soon as available to start.
• Salary is based on the NALC Scale between Grades 27 – 32: (£31.346 – £36,371)
• Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Estates Officer to join our aspirational Town Council to manage and maintain the highest standards of facilities and customer services. This role requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to manage and maintain our estates team and contractors, as well as our portfolio of buildings, parks, cemeteries and allotments through effective co-ordination of planned and reactive maintenance, site security and safety compliance.
The post reflects the Council’s commitment to achieving sites that remain attractive and appealing to our community. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is willing to learn and grow with the job making career progression a real possibility.
The right candidate will need to have a dual pronged approach, delivering good facilities, some management experience and enough life experience so that you are in the right place to be able to supervise people and control situations. As well as providing a hands-on service for the buildings/playground maintenance and meeting rooms preparation, you will need to have a proactive attitude and be capable of using your initiative.
• Some experience of running community facilities
• Experience in managing staff and contractors
• Awareness of working with planned maintenance programmes and knowledge of relevant compliance and legislation
• IOSH or NEBOSH accredited or willing to works towards
We can offer you:
• Friendly and welcoming staff and councillors; a forward-thinking leadership team – well-maintained buildings and resources
• An opportunity to further develop our infrastructure
• An opportunity to introduce new technologies and systems
• Opportunities for continuous professional development
• An exciting challenge – every day at Syston Town Council is different!
If you would like to arrange for an informal visit, please contact the office on 0116 2607150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying, please contact the Town Manager for an application form and job specification:
Syston Town Council, School Street, Syston. LE7 1HN
Closing date for applications Monday, 22 August 2022.
The successful candidate will be required to have a DBS check and provide two references, including at least one professional reference.